Wednesday, June 1, 2005

Self-destructive America

It is amaziing to me how self destructive Americans can be.
I was reminded of this self-destructiveness when I watched the movie Traffic yesterday.
It is about the drug problem in America.
America is the probably the most prosperous country in the history of the world.
It seems we have so many things but it still doesn't make us happy.
I know we are not happy because depression and drug abuse is ramped.
In 2000, 10 out of every 100,000 persons died by suicide.
In the movie it adequately showed there is an extremely high demand for drugs
in America from rich and poor.

It is also amazing to me that many biblical principles are found in life.
The Bible clearly states that riches don't make us happy.
Psalm 49:20
A man who has riches without understanding is like the beasts that perish

No comments: