Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering 9/11

I had just woken up and turned on the television and saw the second plane
as it hit. Then they said the planes had been hijacked and it was probably
terrorism. I was just 20 years old and never in my life had I witnessed
such an act of war. It woke me up and I believe it woke up my generation.
It feels as if it just happened yesterday. I will never get the images of that
day out of my mind.

I am from a small town in Texas and have always wanted to live in
New York City and still would like to someday.
The Big Apple will always have a place in my heart.
About a year and half ago was the first time I visited D.C.
As much as I, a self depricating American, talk bad about our
politicians and our government. I love this country and I wouldn't
want to live anywhere else.

I honestly wouldn't recognize the world of Sept. 10, 2001.
Everything has changed.

No comments: