Monday, September 10, 2007

Why ABCNews.com is slowly irritating me

1. It is poorly designed.
2. Bad headlines like, "General Argues War is Working,
Look at the Graphs," which happened to be changed while
I was writing this.
3. Comments allowed on every single news story.
I guess I wouldn't mind if comments were limited
to political and entertainment news but I don't like
that they are allowed in every top story. And how you
comment on a story is different in certain sections of the
Web site. Sometimes you have to log in and in some sections
you just have to submit an email address and name.
4. Comments read like DailyKos.com. 'Nuff said.
5. Every picture in the news story page is directly
above
the new story. If you look at other news sites you
can see that they are usually to the left or right with text wrapped
around it. The photos are also too large. And is it ethical to for news
Web site to manipulate photos like this?

No comments: