Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Political Action Committees

I must be in a political email list because I keep on getting email
from political action groups, which is fine because I like to keep
updated on the latests issues. I've received an email from President
Bush via a GOP.com address and I've also gotten one from James
Carville from a dscc.org address. I have know idea how I got into the
Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee list; they must know behind
all my conservative rants I secretly want to be a liberal. But from
all the political groups that email me American Family Association is
the most persistent. I've already received two emails concerning this
issue.

Here is the email I received earlier today:

The nation’s number one Democrat, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi,
is defending the banning of religious references on certificates issued by
the Architect of the Capitol. An Eagle Scout asked that a flag flown over the
U.S. Capitol be sent to his grandfather, along with a certificate bearing the
message: “In honor of my grandfather Marcel Larochelle, and his dedication
and love of God, country, and family.”

Stephen Ayers, the Architect of the Capitol, banned the use of the word
“God” in the certificate issued for the Eagle Scout. Ayers, serving in a
low-level, non-elected position, claims he has the authority to ban the
word “God” from the certificate. This is the first time ever for the Architect
of the Capitol to ban religious references. Ayers said he banned the word
“God” because someone might be offended.

Pelosi defended Ayers’ decision to ban all religious references. Several
legislators signed a letter to Pelosi asking that Ayers’ censorship be stopped.
“The Architect’s policy is in direct conflict with his charge, as well as the
scope of his office and brings into question his ability to preserve a
building containing many national religious symbols,” the legislators said
in the letter.

Instead of stopping the censorship, Pelosi defended it. “It’s not about being
anti-religion,” Pelosi said. “It is just about what the Architect thought was
appropriate for him to proclaim in a certificate.” By saying such, Pelosi
approved the banning of religious references by Ayers.
So do you think Pelosi is taking the right position on this issue?

1 comment:

Jason Michael Shuttlesworth said...

No, I think she is very confused on the entire issue concerning separation of Church and State.

On Alan Keyes web site, he explains why much better than me.