Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hillary Gets Really Snarky, Like a Certain Blogger

Perhaps, she got some tips from her fan and comedy writer Tina Fey last
night
, and decided to lay on the sarcasm thick. All I can say is: I thought
I was snarky. Woweee:


"Let's just get everybody together. Let's get unified. The sky will open,
the light will come down, celestial choirs will be singing and everyone will
know we should do the right thing and the world will be perfect. Maybe
I've just lived a little long, but I have no illusions about how hard this is
going to be. You are not going to wave a magic wand and have the special
interests disappear."

Who knows if this will work but whatever she was doing before wasn't working.

Also, she's starting to use similar rhetoric to the protester I saw outside Obama
rally the other day that I noted in this post. This is unusual rhetoric for a Democrat
and probably won't be well received by the extreme anti-war crowd in her party
but they probably left her already anyway:

"I think that there is a certain phenomenon associated with this
candidacy, and I am really struck by that because it is very much
about him and his personality and his presentation. And that’s
perfectly legitimate in politics, or any other walk of life, but I think
it dangers or oversimplifies the complexity of the problems we face,
the challenges of navigating our country through some difficult
uncharted waters. We are a nation at war. That seems to be
forgotten."

I think this might be the most risky stuff I've seen her do so far in this campaign
but when you're barely grasping on to the presidency, I guess this is the kind of
stuff you do.

No comments: