Thursday, March 13, 2008

"God Damn America," says Obama's pastor

Some troubling stuff from Sen. Obama's pastor. From the ABC News
report
:

Sen. Barack Obama's pastor says blacks should not sing "God
Bless America" but "God damn America."

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's pastor for the last 20
years at the Trinity United Church of Christ on Chicago's south
side, has a long history of what even Obama's campaign aides
concede is "inflammatory rhetoric," including the assertion that
the United States brought on the 9/11 attacks with its own
"terrorism."

In a campaign appearance earlier this month, Sen. Obama said,
"I don't think my church is actually particularly controversial."
He said Rev. Wright "is like an old uncle who says things I don't
always agree with," telling a Jewish group that everyone has
someone like that in their family.

Rev. Wright married Obama and his wife Michelle, baptized their
two daughters and is credited by Obama for the title of his book,
"The Audacity of Hope."

Exit question: Hasn't this election been full of controversial figures after
another? Is the media blowing them out of portion or should political
figures really be careful who they align themselves with? Just a thought.

Here's the video (Hat tip: Hotair):

2 comments:

Joshua P. Allem said...

This doesn't offend me as a white man. It offends me as a Christian. What Bible is this racist quack reading from?

Anonymous said...

I think it's very difficult to build you store of friends and family with the idea that one day they may come to harm you. I have friends that have said things racist to me (I'm black - them white). I chose to judge them based on what I know of them. I have family that have said things that I've argued with, walked out because of, but in the end, still call them family. I have no plans of running for anything, but if I did, could it come to harm me? Sure. Would I disown them because of that, no - I trust my judgment.

Anyway, Terry I want to pay you a compliment: I read your blog because I want to keep abreast of what a conservative thinks without reading the rantings of a hawk. You are very even keeled with your comments, and I trust your viewpoint. Good job.