Thursday, March 20, 2008

Trying to start a conversation



Just wrote this email to a Yahoo! video blogging group I'm involved in
(edited my typos):

Ok, I know I'm probably going to take a lot of heat for saying
this but I'm just going to do it.

This has been a particularly politically active year. Everyone is
speaking their mind about this presidential election and that is
great! One thing I've noticed while following some of my favorite
video bloggers on Twitter, Flickr, etc. it seems that most subscribe
to a particular political ideology. Basically, most are supportive of
a Democratic candidate.

Recently, I found out about a Web site called Eyeblast.tv. It's a
conservative response to Youtube. I know some will say why do
conservatives need to separate themselves and create their own
video platform. Perhaps, the question should be "Why would they
do such a thing?" Maybe, it is a symptom of not being welcomed
in the video
blogging community. The same could be said about Godtube.
Perhaps it's not Christians wanting to separate themselves but
perhaps a feeling of not being welcomed in the online video community.

I know the demographics for the internet are young, which means
that a good portion will be more liberal in thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Had a look at Eyeblast earlier... they have nearly a dozen different categories for videos... but every category seems to be made up of the exact same videos. Their "about us" page says you can share videos on things important to you, everything "from news to political issues"

Oh yeah, and also "rip roaring humor", although the most viewed video in the humor category is titled "Economic stimulus explained." Get ready for the lols on that one!

I'd love to see the business model for that site.

Tim said...

I have no idea why Christians and conservatives would feel the need to create a different site from everyone else unless we are boycotting that site.

For as far as I know, anyone can post on youtube; 'course that person's video might be ignored, but such is life. We are in a free market here :P