Thursday, April 10, 2008

Oprah: The Theologian

Interested video:



I myself have discussed the issues I have with Oprah. I think her philosophy
is a very dangerous one.

Oprah seems to have some real problems with organized religion. I'll just make
a few points to why organized religion is not bad (perhaps, this is a topic I'll get
deeper into in a later date). I would say the most important reason is accountability.
In Oprah's world, you make up your beliefs and are not to be accountable to anyone.
As a Christian, my beliefs are to be accountable to what the Bible says and I also
have a church home for the same purposes. So I'm not making up things as I go
along. I also think there is a community in organized religion. To me it seems very
hard to build a community when you have personalized your own faith. However,
from the video I must admit it looks like Oprah is trying to make a secular and a
politically correct theology into a global community.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Valuable info. Lucky me I found your site by accident, I bookmarked it.