Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Redefining Normal

I don't watch Oprah anymore but I had been hearing buzz about an interview
she did with a pregnant 'man.' I viewed a clip of the show on Youtube and just
when I thought Oprah's philosophy couldn't scare me more, it just did:



Here's a quote from Oprah from this clip:
We are evolving to a new way of being and a new definition
of what diversity means for everyone and redefining normal.
What is she talking about? I'm assuming she's wants to evolve past a definition of gender.
Does Oprah want a genderless society? A society where men having babies is
normal?

Let me say clear and with moral clarity: For a society to survive we need social
norms. They exist for reason. For example, females have children because most
(not all) are biologically capable. I can't believe I have to say this. Shouldn't it be
understood? When someone wants to redefine societal norms, they are redefining
a whole culture and playing with fire.

Scary stuff.

1 comment:

Jason Michael Shuttlesworth said...

Abraham Lincoln said calling a tail a leg doesn't mean all dogs have 5 legs.

It means somebody is confused about the nature of reality.

This article about chimps sort of explains it.

http://www.helium.com/items/980690-there-planetfull-apeswho-curious