Monday, August 29, 2011

So Much For Big Pimpin'

You know how Christians often get called hypocrites
by the media if they don't live up to their own standards.
Sarah Palin's daughter had a child out-of-wedlock and
she's a Christian! What a scandal! Or if some well-known
pastor (or sometimes a little-known pastor) resigns
because of some sex scandal, perhaps because of infidelity,
it makes national news. He's a hypocrite for not living
up to the values he professes!

Why don't rappers like Jay-Z get called hypocrites? He's
not living up to the values he professes in his music. His
music promotes promiscuity. Why isn't anyone calling him
a hypocrite? He's made millions selling a sick lifestyle of
promiscuity. The song that propelled him to fame was called
"Big Pimpin'". Here are some of the lyrics to the song:
You know I thug 'em, fuck 'em, love 'em, leave 'em
Cause I don't fuckin' need 'em
Take 'em out the hood
Keep 'em looking good
But I don't fuckin' feed em
First time they fuss I'm breezin'
Talking 'bout what's the reasons
I'm a pimp in every sense of the word, bitch
..........
So you can be livin' it up
Shit I part's wit nothin
Y'all be frontin'
Me give my heart to a woman
Not for nothin' never happen'
I'll be forever mackin'
Heart cold as assassins, I got no passion
I got no patience and I hate waitin'
Hoe get your ass in
Yet his wife, Beyonce Knowles, announced last night on MTV's
Video Music Awards that she's having a baby.

The media never calls out people who have no moral standards.
I guess it's better to claim you have no moral standards than
to say you do have standards and occasionally not live up to them.

Well so much for big pimpin'.