Friday, June 10, 2022

Places to Visit in Alabama for Hikers and Explorers

This autumn it will be two years since I've moved to Alabama from Texas. It's been fun exploring a state I had no previous experience with. I have discovered a very green state with some nice landscapes with mountains, waterfalls, covered bridges, caves, and beaches. I thought I would share some hiking spots and some other worthwhile places (including some places I intend to visit). Lawnstarter.com recently aggregated a list of the best hiking cities in the country, and Huntsville was the first Southeast city (outside of Florida) on it.

Hiking

Cheaha State Park


The highest elevation in Alabama and is part of the Appalachian mountain range




Walls of Jericho


Oak Mountain State Park 



Red Mountain Park





Ebenezer Swamp Trail



Covered Bridges

Kymulga Covered Bridge in Childersburg 













Swann Bridge in Blount County















Beaches

I live a few hours from the coast so I will be honest haven't spent too much time there but I did enjoy some time Gulf Shores State Park














Other Notable Places

Stephen's Cave Gap


The charming town of Wetumpka (Dubbed the "City of Natural Beauty" and featured on HGTV's Hometown Takeover) 

































Excited to explore more of this state!