Thursday, May 18, 2006

Bible Bashing?

The movie The DaVinci Code is coming out tomorrow.
I'm still on the fence if I'm going to see.
I'm about to say a bunch of stuff that
makes it seems like I'm not on the fence.


I know I will probably be offended by it and what is the use of
seeing a movie like that!
I know people are saying it is just a work of fiction and not
to take it too seriously.
But excuse me if I'm very serious about religious beliefs
and I don't want to read a book or see a movie that mocks my God.
And yes a movie that says Jesus was married is mocking my faith.

On the Today Show Ian McKellen, an actor in the movie, said the Bible should
come with a sign that says its a "work a fiction." I honestly I
(i know it might not seem like it) have no problem if people don't agree
with my religious beliefs but I still expect a certain amount of respect.
I think we he said was disrespectful! I think other religions are granted
a certain amount of respect (even glamorized) in Hollywood but the
same respect is not afforded to Christianity.


Click here for idiot McKellens' comments

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Davinci Code is nothing but hype! Fiction! It is merely entertainment.

Teresa said...

Yes anonymous you are correct.
But many times the American public buys into the hype!