Saturday, December 16, 2006

Single in the Country

There are three times during the whole year
that make me wish I was not single:
Christmas, my birthday and obviously

Valentine’s Day.
Every year they come and go with out any

changes for me.
Something about this time of year begs for you

to have someone special in your life.
It is the time of year when people have time off

and more free time for social events.
Relatives ask about what is going on in your life.
Television seems to get all gushy and

relationshipy (I know that is not a word).

Can Christmas be merry without

that significant other?
I believe so or at least I hope so.
I am just grateful for things I do have

such as a wonderful family, health,
and all that other good stuff.
And fortunate for me Christmas, Valentine's,
and my birthday happpen in a 3 month
period.
Ok, I feel like Carrie Bradshaw now.

No comments: