Monday, February 25, 2008

McCain says he could lose over war issue

This has been a very unpredictable election. However, McCain is making some
predictions of his own:
John McCain said Monday that to win the White House he must
convince a war-weary country that U.S. policy in Iraq is
succeeding. If he can't, "then I lose. I lose," the Republican
said.
He's exactly right. I think the a lot of his campaign has been riding on Iraq. We all
know that. He's also right we are a war-wary country and that's why the promises
being made by the Democrats for immediate withdrawal resonate. Just on the war
issue I'm surprise he's got a shot and I believe he does a chance. He's wasn't afraid
to be critical of the war and the way it was being badly handled. He continues:
"Let me not put it that stark," the likely GOP nominee told reporters on
his campaign bus. "Let me just put it this way: Americans will judge my
candidacy first and foremost on how they believe I can lead the county
both from our economy and for national security. Obviously, Iraq will
play a role in their judgment of my ability to handle national security."

"If I may, I'd like to retract 'I'll lose.' But I don't think there's any doubt that
how they judge Iraq will have a direct relation to their judgment of me, my
support of the surge," McCain added. "Clearly, I am tied to it to a large degree."
However, Democrats will continue to portray as someone who wants endless war
and they want peace. For example, they will continue to misrepresent his "100 years"
in Iraq comment. Like this new ad from VoteVets.com:



Even though he has explained his remarks repeatedly:



Oh well, I guess the politics of fear hasn't stop.

No comments: