Sunday, March 9, 2008

They Said What !?! 03-09-2008



I hadn't done an edition of They Said What!?! in while. But before I give you
some juicy quotes from the campaign trail I want to describe the tense landscape.
On the Democratic side the campaign is still heated and complex as ever. With
national poll number like these, it's not pretty.

This summer either Camp Obama or Camp Hillary are going to be extremely
disappointed. Whether their supporters will stay home because they aren't
happy, that's to be decided. It's unpredictable to say if this is good or bad for
Republican John McCain. I would think that the people who would vote for Obama
or Hillary probably wouldn't want to vote for McCain and would prefer to stay
home. Also, if these two were to team up perhaps it will end the bickering. If I
can make a bold prediction: If Florida and Michigan are allowed a do-over, Hillary
gets the nod.

Let's get back to the bickering shall we. This San Francisco Chronicle article has all the
quotes from the campaign trail this week that make you say "They said what!" From
the hopeful Camp Obama:

"She is a monster, too ... she is stooping to anything."
- Samantha Power, a foreign policy adviser to Obama, describing
Hillary Rodham Clinton to the Scotsman newspaper

Clinton is "one of the most secretive politicians in America today."
- David Plouffe, Obama's campaign manager

"I think she has got a little desperate toward the end of this campaign."
- Barack Obama, before Tuesday's Ohio and Texas primaries

Oh, and of course Team Hillary has been fighting back also:

"I, for one, do not believe that imitating Ken Starr is the way to win
a Democratic primary election for president."
- Howard Wolfson, a spokesman for Clinton, on Obama's urging the
release of her tax returns


"We've seen the tragic result of having a president who had neither
the experience nor the wisdom to manage our foreign policy and safeguard
our national security."
- Hillary Rodham Clinton, likening Obama to President Bush

Do that not realize that they are just ripping each other a part and by the time
November comes around the country is not going to want either of them around.

Oh, and someone seems happy he's leaving soon:

To the tune of "Green Green Grass of Home," Bush sang about his life
ahead — on the ranch, with his dog, and without the meddlesome media
around.

"As I step down from the plane and there to meet me is my mama and
my papa, down the lane I look and here comes Barney, heart of gold and
breath like honey," Bush sang.

"Yes, you're gonna miss me, the way you used to quiz me," he sang to
the reporters. "It's good to touch the brown brown grass of home."
Bush said his singing was the "first and final performance" of its kind. He
also told reporters that he appreciated their work, for the most part.

"Now, it's true you sometimes get on my nerves," he said. "But when you're
not writing your stories, you're really not half bad."

No comments: