Monday, June 23, 2008

Dobson on Obama: "He is dragging biblical understanding through the gutter."

Sen. Obama has clearly attempted to go after the evangelical vote. Well,
abortion is an issue many of them care about. Cue in James Dobson:

Dobson reserved some of his harshest criticism for Obama's
argument that the religiously motivated must frame debates
over issues like abortion not just in their own religion's terms
but in arguments accessible to all people.

He said Obama, who supports abortion rights, is trying to govern
by the "lowest common denominator of morality," labeling it "a
fruitcake interpretation of the Constitution."

"Am I required in a democracy to conform my efforts in the political
arena to his bloody notion of what is right with regard to the lives of
tiny babies?" Dobson said. "What he's trying to say here is unless
everybody agrees, we have no right to fight for what we believe."

1 comment:

G.F.T.D. 1 said...

Great blogs too by the way! I read this and I couldn't resist myself. I'm a Christian, go to church, believe in God, I sin, I do good at times, and I have a problem with politics being involved with religion.

James Dobson, Focus On The Family, is in my belief a realitively good person. But this is the same man who single handedly tried to tell us, being the NATION, that George Bush was a godly candidate and worthy of our vote and yada, yada, yada...

His lastest comments, in reference to Barrack Obama only confuse me I guess: Dobson said. "What he's trying to say here is unless
everybody agrees, we have no right to fight for what we believe." His comment was directed towards Obama's abortion stance or lack of one in Dobson's mind.

Here's my charge, "What President has taken a true stance on the issue of abortion since its inception"? Come on, with all the knowledge and power Mr. Dobson has, why didn't he push George W. to fight harder!

This isn't the time to bring to light issues which have always and will always be hopeless, depending on which side of the fence you stand. It's almost like the idea of war...

How is one supposed to fear what they don't know? I fear what I do know and what I do know is that there are far too many problems with those who deem themselves as being important!

Forget terrorism, it's more like terro-isn't... When will people stop terrorizing the minds and wills of others and just let things play out.

I mean if you believe in God, I believe he's the one with the final answer!

Where's Perot...?