Saturday, July 19, 2008

An Overstatement in the Book I'm Reading

Posted by Teresa at 4:39 PM
Yesterday I wrote about the book I'm reading, "Millennial Makeover," and
I was just about to get into it until I read an overstatement. On page
42 Winograd and Hais write:

In the presidential primary debates leading up to the 2008 campaign,
no Democrats took a stand against evolution, but almost all of the Republicans
candidates put their faith exclusively in the biblical story of creation.


This didn't sound right to me. I watched the debates. I checked online to see if this is true.
I found this CNN article saying that three candidates indicated they didn't subscribe
to evolution. I found the transcripts of the debate and found out there were ten candidates
present at that debate. Since when does three out of ten candidates equal "almost
all"?
blog comments powered by Disqus
 

Terry Ann Online Copyright © 2010 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template Sponsored by Online Shop Vector by Artshare