Monday, June 11, 2007

Name Calling Helps Who?



Last night on The 1/2 Hour Show,
Dennis Miller went off on Majority Leader
Harry Reid. Hotair has the video. Very sad.
For the past years I have cringed as I hear
verbal assaults at the President and the
Republicans from the libs. One would think
I would like to hear someone blow back. But
the exact opposite happened when I heard Dennis
Miller today.

His commentary was just outrageous. During his
rant he hardly mentions certain policies that he
disagrees with Sen. Reid on that warrants such a backlash.
Instead, he criticizes his appearance and voice. I thought
Miller was an intellectual that creatively comes up with
vague analogies that are difficult to comprehend. Instead
of using his wit he resorts to name calling.
Is this what political discourse has resorted to?
Fortunately, I don't think the program he was on gets much
viewers. So I guess the moral of the story is mean words are
never acceptable from liberals or conservatives. Score one for
civility.

2 comments:

Joshua P. Allem said...

Actually it helped me a lot. I felt a huge release of stagnating ventage release from my inner being after Miller's rant. I love name calling when it fits. But I will admit, that is one area in which I've never matured properly.

Anonymous said...

Harry Reid is such a vile evil unamerican that I will gladly watch rants about him any time. Sometimes namecalling is just begged for, and with Reid, that is the case.

By the way, love your blog.