Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Kos: I'm Holding Back Contributing to Obama

Perfect timing. Obama moves to the center and the left blogosphere doesn't like
it. An excerpt of the Kos post:

So many of you are upset that I pulled back my credit card last
night, making a last minute decision to hold back on a $2,300
contribution to Obama. Let me explain further:

First of all, obviously Obama is a great candidate who is running
a great 50-state race. That much cannot be denied. But he's had
a rough couple of weeks.

First, he reversed course and capitulated on FISA, not just turning
back on the Constitution, but on the whole concept of "leadership".
Personally, I like to see presidents who 1) lead, and 2) uphold their
promises to protect the Constitution.

He continues:

Could've fooled me, and maybe he is. Maybe what looks like
cowering to me is really part of that "moving to the center"
stuff everyone keeps talking about. But there is a line between
"moving to the center" and stabbing your allies in the back out
of fear of being criticized. And, of late, he's been doing a lot of
unecessary [sic] stabbing, betraying his claims of being a new
kind of politician. Not that I ever bought it, but Obama is now
clearly not looking much different than every other Democratic
politician who has ever turned his or her back on the base in order
to prove centrist bona fides. That's not an indictment, just an
observation.

This goes perfect with my last post. Doesn't it?

No comments: