Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Marketing to Latinas



I colored my hair yesterday. I live in South Texas so I know many companies
that sell products in this area specifically target the Hispanic community,
obviously. I was struck by how well Garnier targeted their product to this
specific area. Frankly, I think it is quite brilliant. My box of hair color came with a
CD with five Hispanic female artists. And one of the artists, Paula DeAnda, featured
in the CD is from the area.

I once wrote this on my Twitter feed:
Just read in a statistic in Marie Claire magazine: 80% of the Mexican
female
population color their hair from the age of 15. I believe it.
So I'm guessing that Garnier has information that Hispanic females start
playing around with their hair color at a younger age and probably more
often so they want to tailor their product to them. I say well played, Garnier.

I'll leave you with one of the songs from the CD:

No comments: