Monday, March 31, 2014

My Favorite Foundations for Dry Skin

I wanted to share some of the foundations I use for my dry
skin. As people with dry skin know certain foundations can
accentuate the dryness and not sit well on your skin. When
it comes to dry skin you want to turn that dull, dry skin into
luminous, glowy skin! Before I get started with my picks....
I prefer lightweight to medium formulas because I've noticed
the heavier the formula, the more those dry patches are going
to stand out. So if you are a full coverage type of gal these 
might not be for you. (Although I will have one recommendation
for you at the end of this blog....so keep reading!)

1). My favorite foundation at the moment is Smashbox's 


It is a lighweight to medium coverage foundation. It is so light on
the skin you can barely feel that it is there.  Definitely luminous!
The color match to my skin was great.




You will glow in this foundation! This is another lightweight formula
but it will even out your skin.



Well to be honest.......I don't think people with dry skin can go 
wrong with any Lancome foundation but this is the current Lancome
foundation I own. It is not illuminating as the previous ones I
mentioned but it still sits beautifully on the skin. I would say this
is more medium coverage.



This is a satin finish foundation. Mary Kay has a pretty good shade selection.
You will find a color that fits you. This is more medium coverage. I have
a friend that sells Mary Kay so feel free to check out her webpage.




Sorry this is my only drug store pick but it is a good one! This is
another satin finish foundation. It is also medium coverage so
not as lightweight on the skin as some of the others on the list. 
L'Oreal has a wonderful color selection.

Ok.....so now to the full coverage foundation I was gonna recommend.
Although I just sampled this foundation and it wasn't for me......I think
someone who prefers a full coverage foundation might enjoy this foundation:


Nars Sheer Glow has a satin finish. I don't know if it is labeled a full
coverage foundation but when I tried it was full coverage for me. Also
it is has some shimmer to it but I wouldn't call it a dewy formula. 

I also want to mention two products that I also use to add light
and moisture before adding foundation:

This is the first illuminator I've tried but I'm enjoying



Primers can be matte but this one is hydrating, Smashbox Photo