Thursday, June 26, 2014

Things I've Learned from Being a Christian Single


I've been single for a long time and I thought I would share a few things I've
learned about being single and a Christian.

1.) Patience. It is hard to wait but you experience growth through your waiting.

2.) There is no such thing as "the One." God cares more if you are in a
relationship that honors Him than if you are with "the One." He wants
each one of us to further His kingdom. There is not going to be a big flashing
sign "HE IS THE ONE!"

3.) Just because a guy is a church-goer doesn't mean they really
care about dating in God-honoring fashion. Be careful. 

4.) Church folk can put pressure on you when it comes to your 
relationship status. Just keep your eyes on serving Him.

5.) There is nothing wrong with you. Just because you are single doesn't
mean there is something wrong with you.

6.) Know what you want. I know what I want and I'm not settling. To
the world my standards might be too high. I rather be single than settle for
something I don't want and that doesn't glorify God.

7.) Never put a relationship before God. You will be greatly disappointed.

8.) Never use God to justify your desires. OMG! He's goes to the same
church and we keep running into each other......it must be from God! Uh, no.
Don't over-spiritual stuff.

9.) If something ain't working.....STOP IT! Why keep returning to your
vomit? (Proverbs 26:11)

I thought I would leave you all with a romantic song :-)